Last night I switched off my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and left it on charge and a few hours later when I went to switch it back on, the phone went into a boot loop which did result in it sometimes displaying the Samsung animation screen and very rarely even going as far as booting up completely and getting to the home screen before restarting again.
Right now, the phone never displays the Samsung animation. As soon as you press Power + Volume Down, the phone restarts and goes right into recovery mode but freezes at the recovery mode animation screen and then reboots again. The recovery mode options do not load so it's not possible to power down, reset etc. I am also unable to enter into Download Mode using power, home and volume up button. The phone only goes into recovery mode (but doesn't load the options) and no other modes.
Does anyone have any solutions or things I could try to solve my problem? Is it possible for me to flash the software? If it is possible, how do I go about doing this due to my situation?
Android Version 7.0. Official Stock software. The phone was never rooted nor flashed before.
Things I have tried:
- Left it for hours at the 'Installing System Update' animation in recovery mode and still it didn't load the options.
- I let the phone die completely and tried again but still the same situation.
- Tried entering download mode but no luck
- Kept on restarting hoping to enter the other modes but still no luck.
- Connected the charger and tried but it doesn't seem like it's a faulty battery problem.
- Considered the possibility that the power button was stuck but I ruled that out after confirming my button was fine.